Amazing Uses of Vicks Vapor Rub you’ve never known about. Growing up Vicks VapoRub was constantly utilized in our family. We used it when I had a fever or cough, or even when my stomach hurt. Vicks VapoRub is a marvel medication to me and till this day I generally keep it at my home and utilize it on my children. It always works.
Traditionally, Vicks VapoRub is rubbed on the chest to help aid congestion relief during cold and flu season. However, it turns out that Vicks is a pretty handy product to have on hand for other uses as well. Here are some things you can do with Vicks.
- Cough Relief: If your or your child had a night time cough, rub some vapor rub at the bottom of each foot. Then cover them with socks. I always do this when my little one is coughing and it really works.
- Reduce Bruises: Add some salt to Vicks VapoRub and apply to a wound to enable it to resolve it quicker.
- Muscle Relief: Apply and rub into sore muscles to calm a throbbing pain
- Headache Relief: Rub some vapor rub across your forehead and temples to help relieve headaches
- Burn Fat: Vicks VapoRub can help burn fat in areas such as your belly or butt by stimulating blood flow.
- Athlete’s Feet: Apply Vicks two times a day so as to heal athlete’s feet.
- Ear Pain Relief: Apply a small amount of vapor rub to a cotton ball and place right inside your ear for pain relief.
- Eczema Treatment: Apply to rash areas to reduce itch and inflammation
- Acne Treatment: Apply to pimples several times a day to dry them out
- Treat Cold Sores: Apply a little onto the area as soon as your feel a cold sore coming up
- Hair Growth: Rub Vapor rub on your scalp to stimulate hair growth
- Treat Paper Cuts: Apply directly to your cut to prevent infection and help with faster healing.
- Treat Splinters: Apply vapor rub to prevent infection and help the sliver to work it’s way out of the skin faster.
- Nail Fungus Be Gone: Rub the infected toe and nail bed with vapor rub up to twice a day.
- Moisturize Skin: Using Vicks VapoRub on dry skin will help to soften it.
- Treat Dry Cracked Heels: Apply twice a day to your cracked heels and cover with socks.
- Treat Stretch Marks: Apply vapor rub to your stretch marks. There should be some difference within 2 weeks. Let me know if this one works for you!
- Block Odors: Dab a tiny bit under your nose to block offensive odors
- Aromatherapy: Add vapor rub and turn on your humidifier to help with the stuffiness so you can sleep better
- Bug Repellent: Vicks VapoRub is great for repelling outdoor insects. You can rub some VapoRub on your neck, knees, elbows, and behind the ears if you are hiking. If you are sitting down, just open up a can of Vicks VapoRub and place it by your side.
- Cat Deterrent: Cats hate the smell of vapor rub. So, if there is a piece of furniture your cat like to scratch. Rub just a little bit of vapor rub onto the area and your cat should stay away.
- Dog Deterrent: Just put a bottle of Vicks VapoRub any place you want to deter your pet from peeing on.
Note: These is no guarantee that any of these remedies will work for everyone all the time. Let us know what works for you by commenting below.
If you’ve found this helpful, please share Surprising Uses of Vicks Vaporub on your favorite social media site, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google
Have any other original Vick’s Vapor Rub uses?